You are permitted to list the registered agent address as your:
- Registered agent address with the secretary of state: A registered agent address is an office location for delivery of service of process and other critical legal documents. The documents are usually hand-delivered by a process server and require signatures upon receipt.
- Principal office address with the secretary of state where permitted: In some states, organizations may be permitted to list the registered agent address as a principal office location on secretary of state forms. Outside of these very limited instances, the registered agent address may not be used as a principal office address.
You are NOT permitted to use the registered agent address as your:
- Virtual office, mailing address, or business address: The registered agent address is not a virtual office or business address. If you need a virtual office to operate within a state, please contact us and we will be happy to provide a referral.
- Regular mail: The registered agent address is not a mailing address for regular mail. This is not an approved use of our address. When regular mail is inadvertently sent to a registered agent address, it is often returned to sender by the mail delivery service because they do not recognize the recipient.
- Company websites, letterheads, business cards, or other materials: Your registered agent address is not for use on public-facing documents. It is not a point of contact for your business.
- Bank account: Your registered agent address may not be used for banking or other financial transactions.